Feeling tired of trying to find a quality choice in your search for a good bug out bag? Well fear no longer, you’ve come to the right place. I also got mixed up at first when I started checking for the best backpack for bug out bags. That is why, in this articles, I will take you through a collection of five of the best backpack for bug out bags you can pick. More to that, I will provide you with key features in each pack as well as pros and cons.
1. 11 Rush 72 Tactical Backpack Large For Bug Out Bag
If you are in search of the best of the best in the market, then search no more. The 5.11 Rush 72 Tactical backpack is the number one selection for many people when it comes to bug out bags.
The Rush 72 comes with an incredible amount of storage space with high-quality construction giving the rest of the backpack a run for their money. It is difficult to find any problem with this backpack since it is an all-around survival starter pack and the user reviews seem to tell the same story.
- Made out of nylon
- Comes as a fully-featured 72-hour backpack
- Best choice for recreational use and operational bug out bag
- Comes with dual-zippered front and main compartments with molded grip pull
- Comes with an admin organizer pocket to store pens, maps, and documents
- Rugged and self-healing YKK Zipper hardware
- The backpack comes in different colors hence buyers have a wide selection
- It is a reliable, durable and great design
- The Rush 72 comes with a belt which fits perfectly on the hips and takes away most of the back weight
- Some customers complained that the hydration pocket zipper seems to be defective
2. Direct action Tactical Backpack
This backpack was initially designed for military and law enforcement which could provide each soldier for up to 3 days of operational use. That is why this backpack is quite durable and is a 72-hour bug out pack that will help you adapt to environmental changes.
It comes with the best features which made it earn a position among the best bug out backpacks in the market today.
- Comes with detachable shoulder straps and comfort ventilation
- The backpack has a removable front pocket
- It has a hydration bladder storage
- The bag has a total of around 31 liters of carrying capacity
- It is a lightweight and versatile 3-day backpack designed for advanced military and law operators
- The pack comes with durable fabric and water-resistant coated Cordura 500D fabric with a range of colors
- It comes with a small detachable bag
- The backpack material is long lasting and water resistant which can be quite useful
- It is tactical, large, durable and reliable
- Some of the users complain that 2 of the zipper pull strings came off
3. Spec-ops Brand T.H.E Pack
The Spec-ops backpack is made from a durable 100D Cordura Nylon Fabric which makes it one of the most durable and reliable bags on the market today. The pack will never disappoint especially in those long trips.
More to that, it is quite comfortable and easy on your back since it comes with a double Layer pack top which eliminates stress failure associated with excessive use of carrying and handling.
- Fully modular both inside and out
- Combination of Velcro and modular accessory mounting system which allows for attachment of additional cargo pouches and Velcro backed military insignia
- The bag comes with double layer monolithic pack body
- Made in the USA
- It is a simple bag but still maintains the unique qualities of a bug out backpack.
- It is one of the most incredibly well made and versatile packs
- Most of the users consider it to be reasonably lightweight compared to other backpacks in the market
- It comes with a range of colors which gives the user a variety of choices
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- So far there hasn’t been any complaints about the backpack, making it one of the best to shop.
4. Condor 3. Day Assault Pack
If you are in search of a bug out backpack with immense space, this is it! The Condor 3 comes with a large cargo load capacity with a separate pocket to fit two 3-liter hydration bladders, external side compression straps, olive drab contour shoulder and sternum strap and waist belt.
You are sure that the bag will never disappoint even in extreme environmental conditions. More to that, the straps and waist belt help redistribute the backload hence the backpack is gentle on your back. You can carry all your equipment without having to worry about the excess weight.
- Comes with a large cargo load capacity
- The backpack has extra separate spaces where you can fit two 3-liter hydration bladders
- It comes with two double zipper pulls on the main compartment for easy access.
- Has a variety of colors
- Comes with individual foam pad back panel for extra comfort and maximum airflow
- Heavy duty carry and drag handle
- The pack comes with enough space for any travel equipment
- Some of the users consider this backpack as their personal ambulance
- The double zipper feature makes the bag more accessible compared to others in the market
- Stitching can be an issue in long-term usage
5. Sandpiper of California Long Range Bug Out Bagckpack
Last but not least is the Sandpiper backpack. This backpack is made of polyester fabric. Additionally, it comes with enough capacity to pack gear for several days. This backpack is the best starter pack you will need for that long journey,
- 1000 Denier
- Ability to carry enough for several days
- Multiple compression loops, tie downs and attachment points for equipment accessories
- Mix your MOLLE/PALS pouches to customize the pack to your specific needs
- Adjustable waist belt
- Comes with durable straps and a waist belt which help distribute the weight of your luggage
- The backpack has ample space to fit most of your equipment
- Comes in different color shades
- Some users complained that when carrying the load more than 100lb, the material began to stretch and sag below the zipper at the center
That’s it. I hope with the above list; you now have some options to choose from. Remember to purchase a backpack that will be easy to carry, has sturdy fabric, ample space for your equipment and at least has the preferred color of your taste and style. Most of the backpack in the market maybe faulty so take your time to check the reviews on the product before settling for one.