Are you looking for the perfect belly band holster? Belly band holsters area great for anyone who carries a gun, which is a prominent thing to do in America.
Instead of trying to slot a gun in the back of your jeans, or in your trouser pocket, a belly band holster is often used to carry your gun when it is not in use. In this article, we are going to look at some of the best belly holsters on offer, in particular, we are going to look at best belly band holsters for fat guys.
If you, or someone you know, is slightly on the larger side, trying to find the right belly band holster to fit comfortably can be difficult. However, in this article, we are going to provide with 5 great products that will suit you.
Within this article, the following areas will be discussed:
- What is a belly band holster?
- The advantages of using a belly band holster
- Things to consider when buying a belly band holster
- The 5 best choices best belly band holster for fat guys
What Is a Belly Band Holster?
Many people in America carry a handgun – this is generic. However, what many people forget when purchasing a handgun is how you will carry this weapon. That is why hip holsters are often used to conceal your weapon and make it easier for you to carry when not in use.
Basically, a belly band holster is a big band of elastic that is worn around your hips and secured with velcro as a way of carrying your gun.
The Advantages of Using a Belly Band Holster
Despite being an easy way to carry your handgun, there are many other reasons as to why wearing a belly band holster is advantageous.
Below we have outlined some of the main advantages that come with wearing a belly band holster:
- The ability to carry a handgun whilst keeping it concealed;
- Provides a quick way to take out your gun;
- Often provides a stable way to carry your gun;
- It is simple to use;
- It is easy to wear.
Things to Consider When Buying a Belly Band Holster
There are many things to consider when buying a belly band holster. America is often described as being one of the biggest countries with crimes such as theft, attacks, and sexual offenses. It is not uncommon for a man and woman to protect themselves via the use of a handgun.
Not only should you be thinking about concealment, but you should also be thinking about the accessibility of the weapon. How easy is it to pull out your handgun? Safety, security, and reliability are all important factors when it comes to buying a belly band holster.
Below we have outlined some of the key benefits that you should be considering before buying a belly band holster:
- Flexibility = Your belly band holster needs to be flexible enough in order to fit you comfortably. Often, belly band holsters are made with the stretchy material, meaning that they are able to carry the different sized handguns.
- Accessibility = Again, accessibility is key when it comes to buying a belly band holster. By lifting up your shirt, you will be able to easily access your handgun, making it quick and easy to reach when required.
- Design = The design of your belly band holster is crucial too. Some belly band holsters allow you to store ammunition, meaning that you are always ready in case of emergencies.
The 5 Best Belly Band Holster for Fat Guys
Below we have outlined 5 belly band holsters suited for the larger man. Along with each product review, we have provided a link for you to gain further information.
1. LIRISY XL Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry | Neoprene Waist Band Fits Up To 54” Belly
This Lirisy extra large belly band holster is a great product aimed at the larger man or woman.
Below we have outlined a few key features of the product:
- Fits up to a 54-inch waist
- Extra pouch included to store your phone, keys, money, flashlight etc
- Made with soft neoprene material for comfort
- Ambidextrous design meaning that it can be worn for a left or right-hand draw
2. XL Ultimate Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry | Black | Fits Gun Smith and Wesson Bodyguard
The extra large Ultimate Belly Band Holster made by Comfort Tac also makes it on to our list as a great holster for larger people.
This holster has been designed to ensure comfort, accessibility, and convenience. With this belly band holster, you can wear it not only with jeans but with shorts, skirts, dresses etc.
3. Gudym Co. Belly Band Holster-Original Concealed Carry-Elastic Holder for Pistols
Here is another quality belly band holster that is a reasonable price. This belly band holster stretches to accommodate anything up to 44 inches, making it ideal for anyone on the larger size.
Below we have included some key assets of purchasing the Gudym Co Holster:
- Neoprene material used for softness and safeness
- The holster can be worn inside or outside the waistband
- Fits a range of gun sizes
- Versatile features that allow you to continue your daily routine such as walking, running, or driving
4. Daltech Force® Safestcarry Belly Band Holster – CCW Concealed Carry Gun Holster
Here is another belly band holster which is ideal for a range of body sizes. It is made with an exclusive secure design which is warranted against fraying or tearing.
Suitable for a range of handguns, this belly band holster is a great way for you to be ready and in control of your handgun.
5. Gun Holster Belt Concealed Carry Belly Band Holsters for Men and Women
Last but not least we see a great choice for a belly band. An interesting fact is that it can be adjusted to fit the larger man of up to 52 inches in the waistline.
Below we have included a few key product features:
- Contains anti-sweat comfort with breathable material to ensure that you remain comfortable whilst wearing the holster
- Accommodates all clothing types including gym shorts, jeans, trousers, skirts, and dresses
- The holster can be worn either inside or outside the waistband making it versatile
Where you are new or experienced in carrying a handgun, a belly band holster can come in really useful, especially since you do not want to parade a weapon around the streets!
There are lots of belly band holsters for you to choose from, but it is important that you find one to fit your body shape. Larger men, for example, can struggle to find holsters that are comfortable to wear, but in this article, we have provided you with a few links to some great products that have been highly rated for their size, comfort, accessibility, and convenience.