There are two kinds of people in the world: those who love hot, humid weather and those who don’t, to say the least. Whether you love the heat and humidity or not, having the right wardrobe is key to staying comfortable day-to-day. So, you need to plan ahead and find the best clothes to wear in hot humid weather.
Best Fabric for Hot Humid Weather
As you can probably guess, the most important factor when it comes to the best clothes to wear in hot humid weather is the fabric they’re made from. Seriously, the fabric will make or break your ability to deal with the heat. There’s no reason to choose clothes that don’t help in the heat when you can simply build your wardrobe using clothes made with the following fabrics:
- Cotton: you must have heard this more times than you can count by now, but that’s because it’s true. Cotton is probably the single best fabric to choose in hot and humid weather. The trick is to choose clothes made from 100% cotton or as close as possible. If you find yourself looking at clothes made from a fabric called Chambray, go for it, it’s simply a form of cotton.
- Linen: another great choice for oppressive weather, linen allows a lot of heat to escape from your body, while also absorbing moisture to keep you dry. If you care a lot about keeping up appearances, take into consideration the fact that linen wrinkles very easily, so it will require maintenance.
- Moisture-Wicking: if you sweat a lot in general, you will definitely want to think about investing in some moisture-wicking clothes for the hot weather.
Choosing the Best Clothes for Hot Humid Weather
Other than the fabric, which is definitely at the top of the priority list, here are a few other factors to consider:
- Size/Fit: choose clothes that are the right size for you, but also think about whether you may want to buy pieces that are a little oversized for extra breathing room and comfort.
- Style: you don’t need to sacrifice your style preferences to stay cool in hot weather. There are clothes made of cotton and linen that adhere to all styles.
- Price: don’t break the bank! You will find quality hot weather clothing in any budget, so stick to what you can afford.
5 Pieces for Hot Humid Weather
Check out these 5 pieces ideal for hot and humid weather:
1. Russell Athletic Men’s Cotton Performance Baseline Short
When the heat becomes too much and all you care about is being comfortable inside and outside, choose a pair of lightweight cotton shorts like the Russell Athletic Baseline short. Not only are these shorts perfect for hot weather, but they’re super affordable and easy to clean, just throw them in with the regular wash!
These shorts come in a collection of colors and are a great option to stock up on for the unbearably hot days.
2. Vapor Apparel Men’s UPF 50+ UV/Sun Protection Long Sleeve T-Shirt
Your first reaction during extremely hot weather may be to wear the least amount of clothing possible, but that can be dangerous, as it leaves your skin vulnerable to sun exposure. Sometimes sunscreen isn’t enough. If you have especially sensitive skin, you should add the Vapor Apparel men’s long sleeve shirt to your collection.
Don’t be scared by the long sleeves. The shirt is extremely lightweight, breathable and moisture-wicking. while protecting you against UV rays.You won’t even realize you’re being protected from the sun, as the shirt is almost see-through. Health and skin care come first!
3. Carhartt Men’s Fort Short-Sleeve Shirt Lightweight
The Carhartt Men’s lightweight short sleeve shirt is the ideal option for you if you like the button-up look but need to stay cool in the heat. This shirt is made from Chambray, 100% cotton, so you will stay cool and dry no matter how hot and humid it gets.
The shirt is relaxed-fit so it won’t hug your body and comes in a variety of colors for a reasonable price.
4. NITAGUT Men’s Linen Casual Classic Fit Short
Another option for a pair of cool shorts is the NITAGUT men’s linen short. This pair of shorts is made from a combination of 60% cotton, 35% linen, and 5% spandex, which makes for a lightweight, breathable and flexible wearing experience.
The shorts are available in a number of summer-friendly colors and are very affordable.
5. Cubavera Men’s Short-Sleeve 100% Linen Guayabera
Have you always liked the classic look of the linen summer shirt? The Cubavera men’s shirt gives you just that in a collection of colors. The shirt is made from 100% linen for a completely light and airy feel, along with fast-drying capabilities so you stay comfortable.
Don’t wait for the heat to come and overwhelm you, be proactive and build a wardrobe of clothes to keep you comfortable, dry and cool.