Choosing a crossbow is no easy decision. Whether you are buying your very first crossbow or simply adding to your collection, you need to ensure that you are able to make a good investment. In this article, we are going to explore 5 of the best crossbows under $800. Before we begin, let’s quickly take a look at the contents of this article:
- The importance of the crossbow
- Finding the best crossbow for money
- Choosing the right crossbow to suit you
- 5 Best Crossbow Under 800
The Importance of the Crossbow
Crossbows are a great weapon when it comes to shooting, hunting, and target practice. Whether you are looking to buy a crossbow to practice your skills, or whether you want to go out on a hunt, choosing the right crossbow can be difficult. After all, where should you start?
There are loads of crossbows to choose from, each of which differing in style and what it should be used for. However, choosing to buy a crossbow does not have to cost a fortune.
In fact, a lot of great crossbow weapons can be bought for a price under $800. Want to know more? Then, let’s take a look at finding the best crossbow for you for the best price.
Finding the Best Crossbow for Money
When it comes to choosing the best crossbow for its value, you need to determine what the functionality of your weapon is going to be. Crossbows are designed with different people in mind – if you are a beginner, then you should look at simpler crossbows. A more experienced shooter will be able to use more advanced crossbow weaponry to maximize their shooting skills.
Below we have outlined a few key things to consider with regards to choosing the right crossbow for you. The below words are all terms associated with hunting, and therefore you may need to do a little research if you are unsure about what we are talking about:
- Barrel = usually made with aluminum or polymer
- Arrow Retention Spring = holds the arrow in place until you release
- Flight Groove = grooved track that allows the arrow to lie perfectly on the bow for accuracy
- Limbs = compound or recurve.
- Riser = this is where the limbs attach.
- Stock = usually made with wood or composite materials.
Keep these parts in mind when researching about what crossbow you want.
Choosing the Right Crossbow to Suit You
To make sure that you choose the ideal crossbow for you, you need to think about what you are going to use your crossbow for. Other extenuating factors may also apply when thinking about purchasing your next crossbow:
- Budget: there are loads of crossbows available on the market. You do not have to pay lots and lots of money for a good crossbow. A crossbow can be purchased at a reasonable price, depending on what you are looking for in your crossbow.
- Shooting Distance: are you planning to use your crossbow for short-range or long-range? This is something you will need to consider when purchasing your crossbow.
- Preferences: no matter what size you are, there are crossbows to suit everyone. Smaller crossbows can be purchased for those smaller people who do not want to struggle to lift or transporting their crossbows around.
5 Best Crossbow Under 800
Below we have outlined 5 crossbows that are considered best value for money. Along with each product review, we have provided a link for you to gain further information.
1. CenterPoint Sniper 370- Crossbow Package
The CentrePoint Sniper 370-Crossbow Package is lightweight and durable, which can be fully adjusted. Below we have included a few key features of the product:
- As of July 2018, this crossbow has been rated best seller in Archery Crossbows, making it a well-liked product
- Integrated string suppressors for quiet firing
- Ensures exceptional accuracy
- Easily maneuverable
Prevents ill-intentioned shots
This crossbow is low-priced making it affordable for anyone starting out their hunting experience.
2. Barnett 78128 Whitetail Hunter II 350 FPS Crossbow, Realtree Xtra, Left/Right
The Barnett 78128 Whitetail Hunter is another great choice which is well under the $800 limit.
Made in the USA, this 150 lb draw weight crossbow is extremely lightweight and easily assembled to ensure beginners are provided with the best start to their crossbow journey.
Below we have outlined a few key features of the Barnett 78128:
- The company Barnett was established in 1962 and thus has over 50 years of experience in assembling the perfect crossbow;
- 5 minutes to set up
- Trigger Tech Technology
- Eliminates dry fire
- Includes rope cocking device, lube wax, two Headhunter arrows, and lightweight quiver
3. Barnett Whitetail Pro STR Crossbow, 400 Feet Per Second
Here is another quality bow that is a reasonable price. The Barnett Whitetail Pro STR Crossbow is equipped with Nock Sensor and Anti Dry Fire Trigger System to help reduce dry fires.
This lightweight and compact crossbow are crafted with CNC Machined Aluminium Flight Track to ensure that every shot is smooth, quiet and accurate.
4. SAS Troy 370 Compound Crossbow 4×32 Scope Package
Here is a crossbow that is well under budget. This crossbow is ideal for exceptional speed and accuracy. Not to mention that it’s sleek look is compact and light for anyone to be able to use.
Below we have included a few key features of the SAS Troy 370 Compound Crossbow:
- Picatinny rail
- Adjustable stock
- 4 x 32 scope
- Quiet and vibration free
Adjustable rear stock
Ambidextrous auto safety
5. Carbon Express Blade X-Force Blade Crossbow Ready-to-Hunt
Finally on our list is the Carbon Express Blade X-Force Blade Crossbow. This crossbow is 5% lighter than the majority of other crossbows on the market, making it ideal for those beginning in archery and crossbows.
With an aluminum rail, this crossbow is great for repeating accurate shots. This crossbow purchase comes complete with the following:
- Rope Cocker
- 3 bolt quivers
- 3 crossbelts
- Rail lubricant
- 3 practice points
Whether you are a beginner or someone who wants to add to their crossbow collection, hopefully, this article has provided you with a few products that are suitable for you. Of course, there are many crossbows out there, and ultimately, it is your choice as to what you want to spend and what you want to look for. In the video link above, it incorporates some of the most basic and common crossbow questions that we think will be really helpful to learn prior to firing your new crossbow!