We rely on our feet to take us everywhere on a daily basis, but do we ever think about the amount of pressure that we put on them? Your feet take on your daily load and affect the health and functioning of your back and body. To keep your feet and body in good shape, you should invest in the best insoles for walking all day.
Features of the Best Shoe Insoles
When it’s time to find the best insoles for walking all day, what you will want to search for is a product that will enhance your comfort and productivity throughout each day. You will wear these every day, so it’s vital that you choose a pair that works for you. These are features to keep in mind:
- Breathability: if you’re going to add insoles to your shoes, you want to make sure that they won’t leave your feet sweating profusely throughout the day, resulting in irritation and odor.
- Durability: you will be walking on these insoles every day, so you want a pair that will retain shape over time.
- Non-Slip: there’s nothing worse than the feeling of something slipping around in your shoes all day. Find insoles that have a textured base and stay in place.
- Versatility: instead of investing in many pairs of insoles, try to find a pair that will fit inside the majority of shoe styles.
- Anti-Microbial: you don’t want your insoles to get dirty and cause any health issues or infections.
Who knew there were so many features to think about when it comes to insoles, right?
Choosing the Best Shoe Inserts for Walking
Besides the features just highlighted, there a few other things you’ll want to consider when you’re choosing the right insoles for your walking lifestyle. Set aside time to think about the following factors:
- Sizing: be sure that you’ve checked the sizing guidelines before investing in your insoles!
- Placement: some insoles are full-length, while others are shorter. If you choose full-length insoles, you will likely need to remove your shoe’s original insole.
- Foot Arch: insoles are made to accommodate different foot arches and this is something you should pay attention to, as it will affect your overall comfort.
- Material: the most common insole materials are gel, foam, cork, and leather. They all have their own benefits and the decision will come down to your personal preference. It’s helpful to know what each material works for.
- Foam: pressure relief, cushioning, support.
- Gel: shock absorption.
- Cork: support, slight cushioning.
- Leather: cushion, nice feel.
5 Best Insoles for Walking
So, you’ve learned more about what to look for in your daily insoles, now it’s time to check out some of your best options:
1. Superfeet GREEN Full Length Insole
The Superfeet GREEN insoles will replace your shoe’s original insole to provide you with a highly comfortable, supportive daily walking experience, complete with strong shock resistance. The biomechanical shape and odor-control coating provide personalization and the avoidance of unpleasant sensations.
The stabilizer cap on the heel of the foot will keep your insoles in place as you walk all day and all provide extra support to the main foam layer of the insoles.
2. Timberland PRO Men’s Anti-Fatigue Technology Replacement Insole
The Timberland PRO insoles are designed specifically to keep your feet feeling good throughout the day, even if you find yourself walking more than usual. Built with anti-fatigue technology, these insoles take a lot of pressure off your feet. The insoles have a synthetic sole, which will ensure that they stay in place throughout the day, so no need to worry about constantly fixing their positioning.
Timberland has created very affordable, practical and comfortable insoles for daily use.
3. Plantar Fasciitis Insoles by ViveSole – Arch Support Orthotics
Are you looking for a combination of high value and quality? Look no further than the ViveSole insoles. These arch support insoles come at a very affordable price and provide comfort and shock resistance as you walk all day long. The insoles are full-length and are compatible with most shoe styles, which means that you can change your shoe day-to-day and maintain comfort.
The insoles are breathable, lightweight and antimicrobial, so you won’t have to deal with extra sweating or odors.
4. Gel Insoles By Envelop
Envelop has produced yet another affordable option for insoles, which provide comfort through their gel massage design. Along with basic comfort, you also get shocked resistance when you wear the Envelop insoles. The full-length insoles work with most styles of shoes and are designed to support feet with almost all arch types.
The medical grade insoles focus on maintaining daily comfort, while simultaneously targeting existing pain and discomfort.
5. Scholl’s Comfort and Energy Work Insoles for Men
If you work outside and often come home at the end of the day with tired and pained feet, Dr. Scholl’s insoles will change your work experience for the better. These insoles are built with massaging gel and shock resistance to protect your feet throughout the work day.
The insoles are affordable and fit standard work boots and sneakers, and you can always trim them to fit specific shoe styles.
There’s no reason to continue suffering through your long days of walking and working. Take the time to search for insoles that will provide your feet with well-deserved relief and comfort.