If your work boots are your most trusted pair of shoes, then chances are that you would like to wear them comfortably throughout the year. When you find yourself outside in a survival situation in the hot weather, your work boots may prove to be a hindrance if you’re not wearing appropriate socks. Finding the best socks for work boots in Summer will allow you to focus on the survival job at hand.
Choosing the Right Rocks for Work Boots in Summer
To find the best socks for work boots in Summer, there are a few factors you need to take into consideration. Socks may seem like a simple accessory to choose, but keeping your feet cool and comfortable even while wearing work boots in hot weather requires special attention.
Here are the features to keep in mind while searching for your ideal socks:
- Fabric: socks come in a wide variety of fabrics, and they all server specific purposes. When you’re looking for socks that will be plausible for wear during the summer, there are a few fabrics that will suit you best. Keep your eyes peeled for socks made from a combination of cotton, polyester, nylon, and spandex. There are many socks that are designed with these fabrics because the mix results in flexibility and comfort. Another fabric combination to search for is acrylic with moisture-wicking technology. Last but not least, consider trying wool socks. While you may think that wool is a fabric for cold weather, it is actually extremely breathable and effective at keeping your feet dry.
- Breathability: whatever fabric makes up the main part of your socks, be sure that they are breathable. While you’re wearing your work boots and socks in the Summer, it is all but certain that your feet will start to heat up. You don’t want them to feel suffocated and end up with a strong odor.
- Moisture-Wicking: sweating is another inevitable part of wearing your work boots in the Summer. When you’re in a survival situation, you will be affected not only by the heat, but by the intensity of the moment, so you want socks that can control your sweating.
- Comfort: there’s no way to predict how long you will need to be on your feet in your socks and work boots in a survival situation. Choose socks that feel comfortable on your feet and don’t cause itchiness or irritation.
Top 5 Pairs of Socks for Summer Work Boots
Here are 5 of your best options for socks to wear with work boots in the Summer.
1. Dickies Men’s Multi-Pack Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks
Dickies is a brand that is trusted when it comes to many athletic and clothing products, and the same goes for their Dri-Tech Moisture Control Crew Socks. These socks are affordable and high-quality. They are made of a mix of cotton, polyester, nylon, and spandex and are flexible, breathable, and comfortable for all-day wear. Besides keeping your feet cool and dry on hot summer days, these socks will also provide you with compression and extra support in your arches, toes, and heels.
These socks are thicker than the socks you would usually choose for summer weather, providing cushioning while keeping your feet sweat and odor free.
2. Carhartt Breathable & Lightweight Work Crew Men`s Socks
The Carhartt Breathable Work socks are another reliable choice for your work boots in the summer. These socks are made of polyester and spandex for a breathable feel with full movement capabilities. The Carhartt socks are an ideal height for work boots, as they come to the middle of the calf. They will help control sweat and odors, keeping your feet dry even after hours of wear in survival situations.
The soft feel of the socks combined with the reinforced heel and toe will allow you to walk and stand for hours at a time without feeling uncomfortable.
3. Working Person’s 8766 White 4-Pack Steel Toe Crew Socks
The Working Person’s socks are made of cotton, nylon, and spandex for a soft, comfortable, and flexible fit. These socks are machine washable and made with extra cushioning in the heel and toe, as well as arch support. When you wear these socks in the heat with your work boots, your feet will be kept dry and free of odors.
These sturdy socks are durable and will become your go-to for outdoor survival situations.
4. MERIWOOL 3 Pairs Merino Wool Blend Socks
You should consider adding a pair of MERIWOOL socks to your survival summer collection. The wool fabric blend used to design these socks results in soft, breathable socks which provide moisture-wicking and odor resistance. These socks will not leave your feet feeling itchy or swampy even after hours of walking in the hottest temperatures. As a bonus, you will be able to rely on these socks for your Winter survival needs too!
5. Fox River Steel-Toe Mid-Calf Boot Work Socks, 2 Pack
The Fox River socks are an acrylic option that provides wick dry technology, cushioning in the heel and toe, memory knit compression for optimal fit, and overall comfort. The Fox River socks are reasonably priced and true to size. The socks are thick for extra padding and are versatile enough to be used in hot and cold weather.
Finding the right pair of socks to wear with your work boots in the summer will make all the difference when you’re faced with the need to spend hours outside in survival situations.