There is literally a market for everything. Gone are the days being stuck with one brand, often of inferior quality, to meet our very real needs. Take wet wipes: Who would’ve guessed, even ten years ago, that you would be able to pick and choose wet wipes from a vast array of options, for large to small, bulk to single packs? Not only that, now you have an article to come to when you are searching for the best wet wipes for adults.
When you’re out in the wild, hunting gear on your back, mud on your boots, the last thing you want to think about is where to clean your hands. If you’re not near a stream, river, or lake to dip your day worn hands in, you’re out of luck. Sure, you can carry hand sanitizer around with you, and you should, but in addition to being sanitary, you also need to wipe your hands on something.
Often, it isn’t necessarily a matter of how to get clean, it’s just wiping mud off your hands. You need a towel of some sort for that, and you definitely don’t want to carry around a terry cloth towel hanging from your waist. By the end of the day, that towel will be disgustingly filthy. No, it’s much easier to have a pack of wet wipes on hand.
Wet wipes can also come in hand for wiping down your gear. Your knife may be bloody from skinning or field dressing fresh kill. You may be cleaning your gun at the end of the day and just need an extra towel in addition to your cleaning equipment. It could be a matter of wiping down a pot or a can opener before cooking.
Every backpacker and outdoorsman has a variety of equipment, from hunting to camping, from cooking to cleaning, you’ll need a wet wipe to serve your needs. Best wipes for adults will come in a pack small enough to carry around in your pocket, but also come in enough packs that you can keep extra in your backpack. Depending how many days your out, you’ll need backups.
So there’s an oft undiscussed issue with being an outdoorsman: hygiene. Frequently, when you’re in the wild, sometimes for days on end, a shower is simply not an option. Even if you have a rustic cabin to serve as an overnight spot, it may not have to plumb. Hey, it may even be too cold out to strip off all your clothes and stand under running water.
Best Wet Wipes for Adults:
1. Purell Sanitizing Wipes
[amazon_link asins=’B014EVXZ9S’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’10441ba3-0f96-11e8-89a3-c549232b2960′]
- Remember what I said about hand sanitizer is a must? Well, these wipes do both. You’ll get the cloth wipe and the sanitizer in one. Purell is nice because it is a brand you can rely on, knowing you’re killing germs as you wipe. This pack comes with 300 in one pouch. So you will be best off with these if you also have a smaller reusable pouch you can transfer these too.
2. Dude Wipes
[amazon_link asins=’B00L1GHHV2′ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’4fdf864e-0f96-11e8-bce6-695d249ad6d4′]
- These wet wipes are marketed specifically to men in the outdoors. They are 100% biodegradable, flushable, and gentle on your tough skin. These wipes are ideal for that end of day body wipe down, and for when you happen along an outhouse or bathroom with no toilet paper. They are multifunctional. They come in a pack with 48, so you’ll want to stock up.
3. Prima Adult Washcloth
[amazon_link asins=’B00B8EDYPK’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7531f7b9-0f96-11e8-982c-7956b0172e24′]
- Prima has the best body wipes for adults. This is a pack of 48 full sized clothes for that end of day clean up. They are alcohol-free and hypoallergenic, so if your skin is already sensitive and suffering after a day of dirt and mosquitos, these will go a long way towards a nice shower. They also have aloe vera, so Prima will help heal up any cuts and scrapes you incurred in the wild.
- These wipes are ideal for any occasion. They are specifically designed to take care of cuts and scrapes, alcohol-free and loaded with aloe vera. They come in 6 packs of 100, so the individual packs are a bit bigger than usual. Be sure to invest in a small carry pouch to transfer a smaller amount.
- You had to know that a toilet paper brand was going to jump on the wipe bandwagon. Well, Cottonelle did. These are flushable wipes that come in a large pouch of 252, so you’ll definitely need a smaller reusable pouch to transfer to. Remember, just because they’re made by a toilet paper company doesn’t mean you can only use them in the bathroom.
There you have it: wipes for every occasion. You can choose from sanitized or alcohol free, small hand wipes to all over body wipes. Ultimately, you may want a little of each.