Unless you have beyond perfect vision, you may need a bit of help to spot your game targets once the sun sets. Using a scope with night vision and illuminating features will help you increase the likelihood of catching and hitting the game you’re after. In a survival situation, that could mean the difference between eating dinner and going to bed hungry. Finding the best crossbow scope for night hunting will allow you to put food on the table at all hours.
Tips for Hunting at Night
Once you find the best crossbow scope for night hunting, you will need to be sure that you can manage to track and target without much light. Hunting is a skill that must be learned and practiced, in the first place, and when the sun goes down, things can get a lot more complicated.
- Know the Area: hunting is a strategic game and one of the most important parts of it is knowing where you are looking for your targets. When the sun goes down, knowing your way around your hunting area becomes an even bigger advantage. It will allow you to move quietly through the area to take your targets by surprise.
- Game Target: make sure you’re aware of what game you will find in the area you’re hunting in. Don’t waste time searching in the dark for animals you will not find. Have your sights set on a game that you’re sure to find.
- Backup Light: while it would ideal to be able to hunt in complete darkness so that your targets couldn’t sense you, it’s not always practical. Consider investing in a bow light, or at least carrying a flashlight should you need to see an area with more clarity.
Top 5 Crossbow Scopes
Check out 5 of your best choices for night hunting scopes:
1. ATN X-Sight II
The ATN X-Sight II is a scope that an investment for serious hunters. If you’re looking for a scope that will be reliable for all your hunting needs, the ATN model is a solid choice. This scope can be used during all hours of the day for better sight clarity. This scope is designed with a built-in ballistic calculator to help you with long-range and angle shots. You can use the Smart Range Finder to identify the range of your target with two quick clicks, and then once you determine the distance, the scope will automatically adjust your point of impact for more accuracy.
Another useful thing about the ATN scope is that is originally designed for use with rifles. This means that you will be able to use it for all hunting purposes, whether you’re using a gun or crossbow.
2. Firefield FF16001 NVRS 3x 42mm Gen 1 Night Vision Riflescope
The Firefield Riflescope is a more affordable option that still provides high quality for your hunting needs. This scope has an ergonomic design and high 3X magnification for better control and aiming. The high-quality image and resolution will provide you with a clear picture of your targets. The battery life of this scope is well-suited for long hunts, as it can last up to 20 hours at a time with IR and 50 hours without.
The scope is made of durable titanium but has a lightweight feel. While this scope can be used during the day, it is specifically designed for enhancing your night hunting experience.
3. Yukon Nvrs Tactical 2.5X50 with Internal Focusing Night Vision Riflescope
The Yukon Riflescope is another model designed specifically for night hunting that is made of durable titanium with a lightweight feel. This scope has a focusing objective lens and multi-coated optics for ultimate accuracy and aim. The flip-up objective lens cover will protect the lens against any damage, and the included carrying case will keep your scope safe overall. The Yukon scope is easy enough to operate and even if you’ve never used a scope like this before you will be able to get the hang of it with just a bit of practice.
If you’re looking for a high-quality scope at a comparably reasonable price, the Yukon is a reliable option.
4. Sightmark Ghost Hunter 2×24 Night Vision Riflescope
The Sightmark Riflescope comes at a very affordable price and doubles as a night vision monocular. The scope comes with a built-in, high-powered infrared illuminator which helps you in low-light conditions. The scope has a function that makes it turn off automatically when exposed to bright lights in order to protect the tube. Make sure you have AA batteries to operate this scope.
When you invest in this scope, it comes with a nylon carrying case and lens cloth.
5. Zeus 336 3-12×50 (60 Hz) Thermal Imaging Weapon Sight
The Zeus Weapon Sight is an option that falls on the much higher end of the price spectrum when it comes to hunting equipment. If you are a very experienced hunter looking to have the highest level of quality and performance in your equipment collection for survival situations, consider investing in the Zeus Sight. You will see that the scope pays for itself in allowing you to target and catch a game at night with virtually no problem.
Making the investment in a crossbow scope for night hunting will enhance your level and ability to provide food for your family in a survival situation. Being prepared ahead of time will give you the best chance of staying safe in unexpected emergencies.