Deciding to add a crossbow to your collection or looking to update or upgrade the one you have means that you will be making an investment, there’s no way around it. So, it’s important to make sure that you take the time to think about what you need in your weapon to find the best crossbows for the money to choose from.
Features of the Best Tactical Crossbow
When it comes to identify the best crossbows for the money, what you want to focus on is which ones provide the features you want and need. Whether you’re new to using a crossbow or have a lot of experience, these are the features you need to look for:
- Riser: tend to be constructed from machined or cast aluminum, with machined being of higher quality.
- Arrow Track: otherwise known as the barrel or flight track, this is where the arrow travels when the bow is triggered, so you want sturdy construction.
- Draw Weight: describes amount of pull required to flex muscles limbs into firing position. Higher draw weights mean faster speeds.
- Power Stroke: physical distance string travels from at-rest to cocked positions. Longer power stroke bows are faster.
- Limbs: these store kinetic energy that the cams or eccentrics transfer when the bow is drawn.
- Cam System/Eccentrics: load energy into the limbs. A bow’s mechanical efficiency, in terms of energy output and input, rely on the Cam System.
- Cocking Device: provides mechanical advantage when cocking heavy draw weight bows.
Keep these parts of the bow in mind when you’re looking for value and quality.
Choosing the Best Crossbow for the Money
To make sure that you do end up choosing the best crossbow for your money, you need to think about what your purposes will be. Don’t invest in a bow that you will not use. Think about the following factors ahead of time:
- Distance: you need to know how far you plan to shoot with your crossbow, to find one that will satisfy your needs.
- Transportability: if you’re planning to use your crossbow while moving around from place to place, you’ll want one that is compact and lightweight.
- Budget: you will come across bows in a wide range of prices. Know what you can afford and don’t be scared to stick to that.
These factors will help you find the right bow for you.
5 Best Value Crossbows
Check out 5 of your best choices in terms of value:
1. Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package
Whether you’re a total beginner or seasoned shooter, the Barnett Jackal Crossbow Package will get you out into the field right away. The package includes 3 arrows, bolts, a quick-detach quiver and a premium red dot sight.
This bow is extremely low-priced and affordable, making it ideal as a backup or starter bow. Make sure that you keep it stored in climate-controlled areas and wax the string regularly.
2. CenterPoint Sniper 370- Crossbow Package
Another very reasonably priced option, the CenterPoint gives you the flexibility to take on big game while still carrying a compact and lightweight bow. That means that if you’re planning to head to the mountains, this is a great choice for you.
The CNC-machined cam system will leave you surprised at just how fast your arrows will fly. The sniper is easy to maneuver and super accurate, and your safety is taken care of with anti-dry fire and auto-safety trigger mechanism.
3. Arrow Precision Inferno Fury Crossbow Kit
If you’re looking to find a quality bow on a restricted budget, you’ll want to check out the Arrow Precision Inferno Fury crossbow kit. The kit comes with bolts, a quick quiver and even extra string. Between the anti-dry fire mechanism and the thumb guard, you will stay safe while shooting.
This bow is lightweight and compact but full of speed and power.
4. Wicked Ridge by TenPoint Invader G3 Crossbow Package
When you’re in the market for a mid-range crossbow, the Wicked Ridge by TenPoint is a solid option. This model of Wicked Ridge is the most lightweight and compact, as well as being both safe and fast. The package includes everything you need, so you can head out once you open it.
With a good draw weight and fast speed, you’ll find yourself enjoying your shooting time.
5. Barnett BCX Buck Commander Extreme CRT Crossbow Package
For a bigger investment in your crossbow, take a look at the Barnett Buck Commander Extreme. This bow is more expensive than the others on this list and is a good choice if you’re looking to invest in your main weapon.
This bow is sturdy and fast enough to take on big game, yet lightweight enough for treks.
Choosing the crossbow that will accompany you on your expeditions is an important decision. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to find a backup bow, keeping both value and quality in mind will help you find the right crossbow for your needs.