For now, the second amendment is safe and sound and Americans are free to own guns. This means that it is up to us to act responsibly. The last thing you want is your gun to be stolen and used in a school shooting. You also don’t want a passenger in your car to accidentally (or otherwise) fire your gun, at you. That would definitely not be good. So what you need, what we all need, is the best gun safe for car rides.
Problems with gun ownership almost make owning a gun not worth it. Almost. Children get a hold of guns and kill each other or their own parents. Parents get a hold of guns and kill each other, or their children. And strangers get a hold of guns and kill each other. Killing is the running theme here.
The problem is, those of us who are responsible gun owners have a right to own a gun. Furthermore, we have a right to keep ourselves safe from all these children and parents and strangers running wild with guns and killing people. As such, we want to keep our guns, and we want to keep our guns close to us. Just not too close.
Here’s the thing about carrying a gun on your body at all times: you are much more likely, as a “good guy with a gun” to be killed than to kill. Studies show that when someone knows you have a gun their intent is more likely to be lethal than if that same person thought you were unarmed. What this means is that if you have a gun on your body, and an assailant of any kind knows it, he or she is likely to come at you to kill.
And let’s not even get into the statistics that show that unless you are highly trained to use a gun, you are actually more likely to have it taken from you. Remember, you’re the good guy.
To avoid all this muss and fuss, just keep your gun in a safe. Keep it locked up, and if you ever have called to use it, you can get it out of your safe. And if you don’t make it to your safe in time, chances are high you probably would have had your gun taken away from you anyway. Better to be safe and secure.
Best Gun Safe For Car: Top 5
1. Vaultek Bluetooth
- This safe is top of the line in terms of technology and security. It has anti-theft tech that will keep anyone out, except for you. It has anti-pry bars, hinges on the insides and a durable crack proof case.
- The backlit keyboard is easy to get into with your code, even in complete darkness. It will hold a handgun and any other small items or documents you need to be locked up. It is also portable, so you can keep it close at hand in your car. As a bonus, it even has Bluetooth technology, so you can lock or unlock it from your phone. Welcome to the new age.
- Next on the list is another type of high tech safe with which you are probably already familiar. It is a fingerprint safe. The Microvault will recognize your hand instantly and allow you access to your gun in seconds.
- Large enough to hold your gun and an extra clip or two, this safe is 20 gauge steel construction and comes with a steel cable to attach to your car while you are driving around. So you can rest assured a thief will not simply be able to break into your car and grab your case and run.
- This safe is on the opposite side of the tech extreme. It is “merely” a solid safe with a traditional lock and key system. You may shrug and walk away on first thought, but the second thought might bring you back.
- What if one of your high tech super safes malfunctions? What if the reason you can’t get to your gun in an emergency is that the fingerprint recognition fails to recognize your fingerprint? What if your hands are wet, or oily? All of these factors are worth considering when buying a safe. You may just want this mountable, steel cable attached, 16 gauge steel gun bunker after all.
- Another safe on the low tech end is the SnapSafe combination safe. It is also 16 gauge steel construction and has a security cable to keep it secure. The nice thing about a combination, if a low tech is what you’re looking for, is that you don’t have to worry about losing your key. All you have to do is not forget the combo.
- This safe also comes with thick foam padding inside so that you can be sure your gun isn’t bouncing around and getting scratched during a rough drive. If you are looking for low tech, this might be the best car gun safe you can find.
- This is another combination safe, but it is one that you can mount under a dash or under your car seat, depending on the layout of your vehicle. Made with 14 gauge steel, it is a heavy duty safe that does not require batteries or keys. You only need to memorize your combo and mount it in your car somewhere. You can then get to your gun in seconds.
The market for gun safes is saturated. Everyone interested in being a responsible gun owner is looking for the best car safe for his or her needs. Yes, you want gun violence to end, but you also want to be prepared in the worst case scenario. With one of these safes you can do both, be responsible with your gun, and protect yourself as the constitution allows.
It is just up to you now to decide on the best style, high tech or low tech, key or combo, that is right for you and your driving situation.