When it comes to hunting squirrels, you need a weapon that will be able to get the job done quietly but quickly. This can be a hard balance to find, so you need to spend time searching for the best pellet gun for squirrels.
Features: Best Pellet Gun for Squirrel Hunting
To find the best pellet gun for squirrels, you need to be focused on finding specific features. This is what you need a weapon to ensure its efficiency in hunting squirrels:
- Power: while squirrels are small and may not require as much power as for the bigger sized game, you want to make sure that you have enough power for humane hunting.
- Accuracy: for small game like squirrels, accuracy is one of the biggest keys to a successful hunt. Determine your distance and make sure that the gun will be able to hit a 1-inch target from that far away.
- Reloading: you can waste a lot of opportune time trying to reload your gun. Invest in one that facilitates simple and fast reloading, so you don’t miss your game.
- Standard Caliber: this is important because it makes stocking up on ammo much easier. With a standard caliber, you can use most pellets available.
- Cold Weather Performance: you’ll see a lot of squirrels in the colder seasons, but if your gun doesn’t fare well in the cold, you won’t be scoring any game.
Choosing the Best Pellet Gun for Killing Squirrels
When you’re ready to make your choice about which gun to use to get your squirrels, make sure that you consider the following factors:
- Size and Weight: if you plan to move around a lot while you hunt, you’ll want a gun that’s easy to transport without getting tired.
- Style: to enjoy your hunting time more, choose a gun with an aesthetic that suits you.
- Price: there are effective pellet guns on the low and high ends of the price range, so just pick a budget and start your search there.
Best Pellet Guns for Squirrels
Here are 5 of your best options:
1. Daisy 880 Powerline Air Rifle Kit
[amazon_link asins=’B000YAXRJC’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’003f1558-31a1-11e8-bdc4-f71b3d14322f’]
The Daisy 880 gun is a sleek black air rifle that will help you kill squirrels and other small game, as well as keeping any pests under control. The kit sets you up to hunt right away, as it includes 500 Daisy pellets, a scope and safety glasses.
The accuracy is decent enough to hit your squirrel targets and the gun makes a good learning tool for beginners or backup used mainly for small game.
2. Ruger Blackhawk Combo air rifle
[amazon_link asins=’B001V67HTY’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b7d96287-31a2-11e8-9fa4-db697126abf2′]
Another gun that looks sleek and comes in all black, the Ruger Blackhawk air rifle is great for hunting squirrels and other small game. The gun is made with dual shock reinforcement and has good power and accuracy for humane hunting.
The gun includes a scope and mounting rings, and also has a comfortable stock and grip and you will be able to focus while your check rests against the stock for aiming. The gun is quite affordable and makes a good option for dedicated squirrel or small game hunting and beginners.
3. Crosman 1077 Repeat Air Semi-Automatic CO2 Pellet Gun Air Rifle
[amazon_link asins=’B001BS3YW6′ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’db45aeb3-31a2-11e8-93e4-f71a74a1dcb6′]
When speed is your number one priority in the gun you use to hunt squirrels, the Crosman is a good option for you. This gun is a modern looking style in all black, which performs at a high level. Beginners and experienced shooters alike will be able to hit their targets with this gun, while making their way around their hunting area with ease, as the gun is lightweight.
Don’t worry about the cold weather, this gun is designed with all-weather material and technology, so you will be able to hunt even when it’s cold outside.
4. Winchester Model M 14 Semi-Automatic CO2 Air Rifle
[amazon_link asins=’B007FFWX3A’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’fcd1a29b-31a2-11e8-ab48-65d46dfdc81f’]
If you’re worried about disturbing your neighbors when you hunt, the Winchester Model air rifle is a gun that will hit your targets in a pretty quiet fashion. At just 4 pounds, the gun is light enough to carry with you on longer hunting treks, while still being durable and powerful.
The speed and accuracy of the Winchester are suitable for successfully hunting squirrels.
5. Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal
[amazon_link asins=’B01APG0SXW’ template=’photo-only’ store=’aboblist-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’218f9c23-31a3-11e8-92b1-5bee6ff83567′]
For a combination of high value and quality, take a look at the Gamo air rifle. This gun is very affordable, but still effective, making it a great choice for beginners or people looking to invest in a backup hunting gun for small game.
To hunt squirrels and take away more than you miss, you need a gun with great speed and accuracy. Finding the right pellet gun will provide you with a practical, quiet and lightweight tool to use on your hunting expeditions to ensure humane and fruitful performance.