When you work outside, you find yourself dealing with all the elements, which of course includes rain. Though a light drizzle may not throw a wrench into your workflow and a heavy downpour can leave you feeling pretty uncomfortable. When you work outside, it’s vital to find the best rain gear for working.
Best Work Rain Gear Pieces
If you’re thinking about adding to or creating your collection of the best rain gear for working, there are a number of items that you’ll want to consider:
- Rain Boots: the quality of your rain boots is what matters when it comes to working. You need to think about the type of work you do and how much movement and walking is required. Traditional rain boots can be stiff, so searching for rain boost designed specifically with work in mind is well worth your time.
- Rain Pants: don’t forget that if it rains, your legs will be just as exposed to the flow of water as your upper body. You want to look for pants that will keep you warm and dry.
- Rain Jacket: this is the piece of gear that tops it all off. A good rain jacket will keep you dry, warm and comfortable as you work.
Keep these three main pieces in mind during your search.
Choosing the Best Rain Gear for Work
Once you’ve decided on the pieces you want to invest in, you need to think about the factors that come into play when choosing each item.
Consider these things:
- Comfort: you’ll be working all day in your rain gear, so you want to make sure that you can get the job done without discomfort.
- Style: this isn’t so much about fashion, although you will find rain gear in colors that you like, but more about whether you need bright colored work gear or reflective work gear for night shifts.
- Breathability: while it might rain, that doesn’t mean it will be cold! Choose rain gear that is breathable and flexible for different temperatures.
- Ease of Cleaning: you’ll probably want to clear your work rain gear on a regular basis, so choose fabrics that are simple to wash and dry.
Once you’ve thought about what you need in your work rain gear, get started with your search!
5 Best Rain Gear Pieces for Work
Check out 5 of your best options for work rain gear:
1. Frogg Toggs All Sport Rain Suit
When it comes to rain gear, Frogg Toggs is one of the best brands on the market. This full suit will keep your whole body dry as you work. The suit is made from 100% polypropylene and gives you a flow of easy movement with an adjustable waist.
The Frogg Toggs Rain Suit comes in a collection of different colors and patterns, so you can choose the one that best suits your personality.
2. Nelson-Rigg Stormrider Rain Suit
Another great option if you’re looking to take care of the whole job and invest in a two-piece suit, is the Nelson-Rigg Rain Suit. This suit is 100% waterproof and will keep you dry in even the strongest rains. You have your choice of colors, including the option of reflective suits for your night shifts.
The suit is designed with comfort in mind and has elastic elements, so you can move freely.
3. The Original MuckBoots Adult Chore Mid Rain Boot
If you don’t already have a sturdy, work-focused pair of rain boots, then you will want to invest in the Original MuckBoots. These boots are designed to be waterproof yet practical for work, which is why they’re shorter than traditional rain boots.
The rubber sole is firm and will allow you to stand all day while wearing the boots without pain or discomfort. Keep in mind that these are not steel toe boots.
4. Result Mens Heavyweight Waterproof Rain Suit
When you work in weather conditions that are wet and cold, you will need a heavyweight rain suit like the Result Suit. Designed to be able to wear on their own or over another pair, the pants have a comfortable elastic waist.
The build is very durable and you will be kept warm, with a hood that will not slide down no matter how much you move!
5. Helly Hansen Workwear Men’s Mandal Rain Jacket
Depending on your work conditions, you may just need a reliable rain jacket. If that’s the case for you, consider trying the Helly Hansen Rain Jacket. The jacket comes in various fashionable colors, including the classic yellow. You will be able to wash the jacket easily by hand and put it right back on!
Working in the rain can be an unpleasant experience if you’re not properly prepared. Think about exactly what your job entails and build your work rain gear collection based on that. You’ll find that you may actually start to enjoy rainy days!