Carrying a pen on a daily basis is a pretty common habit, but not everyone realizes that they could be equipped with more than just a pen without using any extra space. Preparedness is what will make the difference in an emergency situation and something as small as a pen could help you with that. That is why you should try to invest in the best practical tactical pen.
EDC Tactical Pen Features
Whether you’ve never had one before or you’re just looking to see what you can get with the best tactical pen, learning about the possible features is an important part of your search. Tactical pens are all different, but here are some of the most popular features you will come across:
- Self-Defense: this is one of the main reasons that people carry tactical pens in their EDC kit. While it’s not practical to have this be your only self-defense option, it does add value.
- Glass Breaker: another important role that tactical pens can play is breaking through glass. This is a critical ability to have in emergency situations.
- Multi-purpose: many tactical pens are made with multi-purpose tool features. You may come across tactical pens that double as a screwdriver, bottle opener, wrench, scraper and serrated edge.
Choosing the Best EDC Pen
When it comes to choosing the right tactical EDC pen for you, your choice will depend on more than just the features. Here are other factors to keep in mind:
- Style and Color: other than being a self-defense tool and emergency backup, you will probably use your tactical pen for everyday writing, so choose a style and color you like.
- Price: there are tactical pens available in a range of prices. Just be sure that you know your budget and search within those boundaries.
- Ease of Carrying: a tactical pen does you no good unless you can reach it at a moment’s notice with no problem.
5 Best Practical Tactical EDC Pens
Now that you know more about what to look for in a tactical, check out these 5 options:
1. 2cl direct Tactical Pen Self Defense Too
The 2cl tactical pen is the tool you want if you often find yourself fixing things or needing to take care of small handy jobs. This multi-purpose pen works as a screwdriver and bottle opener, as well as functioning to break a glass surface.
This tactical pen is lightweight, easy to store, will keep you safe if you need to defend yourself and even functions as a strong, LED flashlight.
2. Gerber Impromptu Tactical Pen
If you’re looking to invest a little more in your EDC tactical pen, a great and reliable option is the Gerber pen. This tactical pen works with Rite in the Rain ink cartridges so that you will be able to take notes or write reminders no matter what weather conditions you find yourself in.
The pen has a steel body and stainless-steel pocket clip to keep it handy for emergency situations. The glass-breaker tip is designed to get you out of dangerous situations, and this pen is one that is often used by members of the military.
3. ATOMIC BEAR SWAT Tactical Pen
To keep the balance between strength and durability and a lightweight feeling for easy carrying, try the SWAT tactical pen. This pen writes smoothly, feels comfortable in your hand and wherever you keep it on your person and breaks glass in one hit.
ATOMIC BEAR cares about their customers and wants to ensure that you get the most out of the SWAT pen. It’s for that reason that they provide you with 2 hours of instructional video about how to properly use the SWAT pen, as well as grant you with a lifetime guarantee.
4. Sminiker Professional Defender Tactical Pen
The Sminker Tactical Pen is crafted to be long-lasting and to endure rough conditions. It’s made from aircraft aluminum and has a sleek yet official look about it. The pen is lightweight, and you will not even notice that you’re carrying this piece of EDC equipment.
You can use the pen on a more regular basis to write down appointments or reminders and take notes, or you can keep it on hand for the possibility that you find yourself in an emergency situation where you need to break a glass to find safety.
5. Pocket Partners Practical Tactical Pen
If you’re into the futuristic aesthetic, the Pocket Partners tactical pen will satisfy you with its sleek look. The pen is designed to be compact and lightweight for comfortable and practical everyday use and carry. Don’t be fooled by the pen’s sleek and compact build, however, as this pen will provide self-defense and break glass when necessary.
Whether you believe you’ll find yourself in situations where you might need to break glass or defend yourself, or you simply like the idea of being prepared, investing in a tactical pen for everyday carry is a worthwhile decision. You will enjoy the smooth writing with the knowledge that you can deal with emergency situations.