Just because the weather gets hot and you start wearing fewer layers of clothing, doesn’t mean that you want to go without your regular protection. Survival standards need to be maintained every day even when the weather makes it more challenging. That’s why it’s vital to think about the best way to conceal carry in Summer.
Tips for Summer Conceal Carry
The best way to conceal carry in Summer will depend on your lifestyle and what style you usually wear during the hotter months. There are many ways to go about keeping your conceal carry in the summer, and there are some simple tips that will make the task feel more manageable.
Here are some tips to consider following for conceal carry in the summer:
- Consider carrying a smaller gun in the summer. While it may not be ideal, investing in a smaller carry piece to switch to during the summer can save you a lot of stress about making sure your gun is properly concealed under fewer layers of clothing.
- Look into conceal carry clothing. There are many clothing items, such as undershirts and undershorts, that are designed specifically to conceal your weapon. The clothing items that are designed for concealing in the summer are made of fabrics that are breathable and often provide moisture-wicking, as well.
- Think cargo shorts. This style of shorts is a very practical option for conceal carry in the summer because they keep you cool while providing a decent amount of coverage. Not only will you be able to wear a holster under your cargo shorts, but the extra pockets will function as storage for other important EDC gear.
- Choose the right holster. While many standard holsters are made from leather, it’s not a material that’s practical for hot weather. You want to look for holsters that are made from materials that are breathable, provide moisture-wicking, and do not have too many bunchy layers.
- Be prepared to disarm. You never know when you’ll be in a situation with friends or family during the summer that will require you to disarm. Whether you’re going to the beach or simply cannot be caught carrying, it’s helpful to have a backup plan. Keeping a holster dock in your car is a good place to start.
Top 5 Conceal Holsters for Summer
Here are 5 conceal carry options that will work well in hotter weather:
1. Lirisy Belly Band Holster for Concealed Carry
Though the weather gets hot, chances are you’ll still being some form of pants or shorts during the summer, which is why investing in a waist holster is a logical solution. The Lirisy Belly Band is super affordable, made with an ambidextrous design, and practical for both men and women. This holster is made of lightweight, breathable neoprene material that is purposely ventilated to prevent sweating.
The Lirisy holster is adjustable and will fit waists up to 45 inches in circumference. The holster has a fixed magazine and second movable pouch, which can be used for a second weapon or other EDC items.
2. GrayStone Holster Shirt Concealed Carry Clothing For Men
Another option for conceal carry in the summer is undershirts. The GrayStone shirt is designed to be worn under looser-fitting styles, like button-down shirts, and keeps your weapon concealed near your ribs, right under your arm. The storage pockets are stored lower than many competing models, making drawing quick and easy. The undershirt is designed with concealing capabilities on both sides to suit your dominant hand. Each side of the shirt is outfitted with 3 pockets, which you can use for multiple weapons or one weapon and other important equipment.
3. DTOM Nylon Possum Pouch Crotch Carry Holster
The DTON pouch holster provides another option suitable option for men for conceal carry during the summer. This holster differs from standard belt holsters in that it sits lower, so it will definitely not be detected when you’re wearing a good pair of shorts or pants. The holster is lightweight and comfortable for hot weather wear and can hold up to two weapons at once. You will be able to move freely while wearing this holster and it’s made with an ambidextrous design.
4. Graystone Gun Holster Concealed Carry Men’s Compression Shorts
The Graystone conceal carry shorts are another practical and comfortable option for the summer. These shorts are designed like boxer briefs and are made of polyester and spandex for breathability and flexibility in movement. The positioning of the magazine in these shorts facilitates fast and easy drawing, so you won’t miss a beat. The shorts are designed for ambidextrous use and you can choose if you want your gun on your front or back. You’ll find these comfortable shorts easy to clean in the machine or by hand.
5. ConcealmentClothes Women’s Concealed Carry Holster Tank Top Shirt
If you’re a woman looking for a seamless way to conceal carry in the summer, the ConcealmentClothese Tank Top Shirt could be the right option for you. This shirt functions as a lightweight undershirt that will work under a variety of other summer styles. This undershirt is designed for ambidextrous use and made from polyester and spandex for breathability and flexibility.
Don’t let the hot weather in the summer get in the way of carrying your protection at all times. All it takes is a bit of extra creativity and you will manage to keep your conceal carry habit even on the hottest of days.